Friday, October 16, 2015

Scene description

This is my scene description that I did this week. We were allowed to pick our own scene and describe it. We had to use at least one kind of language feature. I found it hard trying to describe it all as well as using great vocabulary. In the end I was very proud of my description and I would love to do it again.


Image result for mountains snow
Success Criteria
  • Has strong adjectives
  • Different sentence beginnings
  • Different sentence lengths
  • A simile and/or alliteration
  • Has an introduction, body and conclusion
  • Thoughtful word choices
  • Your own goal
  • how examples of single, compound and complex sentences.


As I turn my head, the most alluring sight beams before my eyes. The rugged ranges creating a breathtaking reflection in the clear blue water. Jutting trees slither along the landscape into the mountain of the cold ranges. Shiny water shimmering in the shallow, making the ideal place for a swim. Glimmering green trees at the front, cast darkness over the water like a vast tower. As I peer around, all I see is a serene landscape. A frightening dark mountain in the corner creates a spooky feel. Exquisite water allows the landscape to breath. With scorching sun shining on the top of the mountain it is the perfect place to unwind. As I am enraptured by the remarkable view, I cannot believe my eyes any more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment